Instead of getting rid of your kids favorite clothes, retain them. You can turn that favorite outgrown t-shirt into a very gushy play pillow!
- Cut it across so you can get the biggest piece of fabric.
- Next, cut your front pattern piece from this fabric.
- For the back pattern piece, to cover a pillow form, you need a lapped edge (envelop opening). Cut out two pieces, each about 2/3 the size of the full square. Cut this out on the shirt’s hem edge. Then overlap them to make an even square. (See picture for reference).
- Place the two (front and back pattern) fabric pieces together, forward-facing side of fabric inside and secure it with pins.
- You can sew all way around the edges, because the opening is in the back pattern piece. The preexisting hem of the T-shirt will serve as the opening.
- After stitching, turn the pillow right side out.
- Stuff the pillow with foam or with pieces of other old clothes. Or you may slip a pillow inside through the lapped opening.
- And Voila, your kidâ€™s favorite T-shirt is with him until another becomes his favorite.
If you want a quick work, just cut through both layers of her t-shirt to make a front and a back pattern piece in one go. Stitch the edges leaving 3 – 4 inch gap for stuffing. Stuff the pillow, thread a needle and hand-stitch the opening closed. And your play pillow is ready !!