Make a cute snowman decoration using two paper plates. This makes a nice decoration to put on a door or hang in a window.
- 2 white paper plates
- Construction paper (black, red) or wrapping paper
- An orange pipe cleaner (for the nose)
- A short length of yearn or ribbon
- Hole punch
- Marker or crayons
- Optional: googly eyes, large buttons
1. On one of the paper plates, cut off the outer rim, making a smaller plate.
2. Punch a hole near the rim on both plates.
3. Tie the two plates together, using the yarn (or ribbon).
4. On black construction paper, draw and then cut out a top hat and two boots. On colored construction paper (or gift wrap paper), draw and then cut out two mittens.
5. Glue the hat, boots, and mittens on the snowman.
6. Either glue on googly eyes or draw eyes. Draw a mouth. For the nose, cut a short length from an orange pipe cleaner. Stick the pipe cleaner through the plate to secure it (if the plate is too tough, make a tiny hole with the tip of the scissors).
For the buttons, you can cut out shapes from construction paper, use round stickers, glue on real buttons, or simply draw them.
You now have a cute snowman decoration!